DisclaimerThis site is hosted and managed by South West Wales Media Ltd. While South West Wales Media Ltd makes every effort to ensure that information it places on this web site is accurate it does not give any warranty or representations, express or implied, about its accuracy, completeness, or appropriateness for a particular purpose.
It is a condition of South West Wales Media Ltd allowing you, the reader, access to this web site that you assume full responsibility for using the information on this web site, and that you accept that South West Wales Media Ltd will not be liable for any action you take in reliance on information on this web site.
- Protecting the privacy and personal data of individuals is an important aspect of the way our company, South West Wales Media Ltd, organises and implements its activities both on-line and off-line.
- We collect the personal data that you volunteer on forms you submit to us (including but not limited to registration, order, survey, and competition forms), and in emails you send to us.
- The personal data we collect (as described above) is used to allow us to develop our sites in a way that will enhance the online experience of the greatest number of users.
- Our web sites enable you to communicate with other visitors or to post information to be accessed by others. When you use these services, other visitors could collect your data. We have no control over this and accept no liability for any consequences of this.
- Users posting comments via the Story Comments facility on our sites will have their submitted details stored along with their IP address. Your IP address will not be disclosed to anyone accept in cases of the story comments facility being abused or unless we are required to do so by law.
- Yes, you can access our web site's homepage and browse our sites without disclosing personal data.
- We do not associate the information stored in a user's cookie with any other personal data about that user.
- We will ensure that your personal data will not be disclosed except insofar as you have consented to such disclosure or we are required to do so by law.
- Your personal data may be disclosed to other companies within South West Wales Media Ltd.
- You may choose to give your consent to us disclosing your personal data and to receiving promotional or marketing information from other third parties selected by South West Wales Media Ltd. by ticking the relevant boxes at the points where our sites collect personal data. Leaving the relevant boxes unchecked indicates to us that you would prefer your personal data not to be disclosed and that you would prefer not to receive such material.
- By sending an email or by contacting us by any of the other means available by clicking the "contact us" link in "About us" on the site, you may request that we confirm whether or not we are holding personal data about you which will be provided free of charge. You may also request a copy of any such data which we do hold, in which case a £10 fee is payable for dealing with this request (as permitted under the Data Protection Act 1998).
- Upon receipt of such a request from you, we will endeavour to meet your request within 40 days of our receiving all that information which we require in order to deal with the request. Insofar as the law permits, however, we reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information. In the event of our refusing to provide you with information we will provide you with the reasons behind the refusal.
- All information that we provide to you as a result of a request will be provided free of charge.
- You may request that we amend any personal data that we are holding about you which is factually inaccurate, free of charge.
- If you have agreed to the disclosure of personal information and to receiving marketing and promotional information, but no longer wish to do so, then please contact us
8. What steps have been taken and what security is in place to keep my personal data secure?
- All of our employees and data processors who have access to your personal data and/or are associated with the processing of that data are contractually obliged to respect the confidentiality of your personal data.
- To protect the integrity and security of your personal data we will take steps to verify your identity before granting access to your data or making corrections to it.
- We have put in place appropriate technology measures and security policies and procedures to protect the personal data that we have under our control from unauthorised access, improper use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction or accidental loss.
© South West Wales Media Ltd All content within the website is protected by the UK copyright of South West Wales Media Ltd, Urban Village, 220 High Street, Swansea, SA1 1NW. All rights reserved. South West Wales Media Ltd Registered in England and Wales with company number 08290481 VAT Number 440356767
National news and sport - © Copyright Press Association Ltd
Weather data - © Copyright Press Association Ltd
Dating service - © J Media UK Ltd
The copyright law prohibits any copying, re-distributing, re-transmitting or re-purposing of any material on this site that is copyright protected without the permission of the copyright owner.